Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Simple English please !!

Being in Australia or straya (like the Aussies call it ) , there have been couple of times when people say a word I don't quiet get it . English isn't my first language but I've learnt the language over the years and can converse decent enf . 
I have noticed few phrases the Aussies use very often "g'day mate " - greeting to fnd , mate is a friendly word used to address anybody . 
 "How's it goin ? " - how are you .
"No worries " - that's alrite

Aussies are very casual and enjoy sarcasm .. I dnt hve issues , I just join them and laugh aloud 

Funny thing , yest a manager asked me "how you travelling ? Hope you're not covered by snow " I was zapped , was wondering wat does he mean ? Was that for me ? Has he gotten mixed up with identities ? Well apparently not .. What he really meant to ask was " how are you doing ? Are you stressed ? " hahaha 

I'm so glad I dnt quickly revert to him with a " there's no snow , I'm taking train back home " 

No comments: