Saturday, March 01, 2014

How Indian are you ?

I am an Indian by birth and no I don't speak Hindu or Indian ( in fact there is no language called so , I pity the general knowledge of such ppl who ask such questions ) . 

Who are Indians ? You may ask ,
Indians are from India which is in ASIA ( for most of the ppl in Australia who call Chinese origins as Asians and Indians as Indians : I thought I was an Asian until I got outta India and was shocked with my knowledge on geography , either wat I read in textbooks and the location on the World map was right or the education department in Australia has some serious updates to be done to their textbooks )

Indians are predominantly brown ,no you  people from up north , you do not fall under white , no matter how much fair and lovely you smear and sorry to break this people from south are not black (you could get sued if you used this word in US to refer to an individual's skin tone ) yes we are a bunch of racists , we are proud of our colour and loudness , but if any other national says anything to us we make a huge cry and ban them as racists .
We have many states , many languages and many religions (castes and sub castes within them ) we are like many countries within one as the diversity varies from one state to other . 

India is developing nation ( I read that when I was in school , hopefully will live to read India's name listed amongst the developed countries.

I have learned a lot about India ever since I moved outta the country . 

> We can be treated like shit in our country , our politicians can screw around but if any outsider says anything or points us out , we can be united and brand them racists .

> I did not know Varanasi was a famous tourist spot and every international tourist has it in his bucket list to click pics at Ganges.

> Holi was a national festival ( I have never played Holi in my lifetime , the idea of colours all over me did not thrill me , maybe a lil bit of colour on my cheek that's it ) 

> Mehendi ( called as henna tattoos ) was very well known and people were fascinated by the designs .

> people thought Buddha was from China (thanks to my history books , I could fight abt Buddhism originating from India )

> usage of turmeric and other spices in our food was so beneficial , it is an art combining aroma, taste and medicinal properties to lead healthy life which is a part of our diet.

> using hands to eat ensures all 6 senses  to work together , which culminates into better taste.

> yoga is one of the well known exercise and most of the westerners swear by yoga and meditation .I noticed crossfit gaining more popular in India.

> we are leading the world in our population ( nothing to be proud of ) , but if anyone messes or ridicules an Indian no better way to answer " I come from a land where we have mastered the art of kamasutra and we can really screw you with more  number of ways than you can ever imagine (read it somewhere ) ". 

We must be proud of our advances in science and technology , empower our villages and educate people to love one another .

No comments: