Monday, July 22, 2013

Religion

Are you religious ??maybe /mabbe not ...I do believe in a supreme power ...but I wouldn't like to impose my religious views on anyone ,nor wud I encourage ppl doing that ...yes I do attend pujas for the yummy Prasad we get at the end of it ..that was just me being a foodie that I am ;) ...I get ridiculed by Aussies when they ask abt Hinduism / significance of a festival ...I grew up in an env where religion wasn't imposed ..festivals meant loadsa sweets and good varieties of food to eat and new clothes to wear of course I loved festivals but I used to hate having to wear new gold ornaments and flaunt it around ...gimme food n lemme listen to music in my room tht used to be festival for me ;)

So today this lady at wrk goes ..it's a full moon day today ..are u doing something special ?like pujas ...I'm like noo ..then she asks me which religion do I belong to ..I'm like we'll I'm a Hindu and she goes ...gosh u don't behave like a Hindu nor do u talk like one ...I just told her it depends on whom you meet ..if uve met an modern Indian this is how we r ...if u met an extreme religious Hindu ...lol god save you ...I run away from the guys preaching Iskon beliefs ...I call them the "hare Rama hare krishna troupe " seriously I love Krishna ..he's cool ...I know Mahabharata n Ramayana but if u force something down my throat ..sorry but no Thanks!!

Lemme now go n meditate ..ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

No comments: