Monday, May 12, 2014

Brown ??

Okay I must admit , I did not consider myself to be brown .. I thought I was wheatish !! Yes honest to god , if you don't believe go to India millions of them claim to be wheatish !! I did not know the colour of my skin tone until I was of the marriageable age and ppl would ring my parents and ask them to describe me and my mom would sit on the phone and tell them my height and my education and where I was working and then I would hear her say wheatish complexion and then she would look for me and make me apply turmeric and milk cream on my face and tell me it would improve my skin tone -Trust me it did nothing !!

Then I travelled to US on work and heard ppl say white / black and brown - well I was told I can't use the word black it was offensive . How come no one told them using the term brown was offensive too .. I was wheatish and not Brown !!

However my son thinks he's white .. Try beating that !!

No comments: