Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Natures friend !!

Kids are amazing their imagination is way beyond what we adults can . They have a free spirit and welcome everything with an open mind . 
I have one such curious mind at home , who wants to experiment and explore all the time.
 His favourites are the birds and he feels sad we don't have water reserves for birds to drink water . No points for guessing where my mugs n buckets disappear , they are in the backyard with some lentils n rice grains inside the water so birds can come n have a healthy meal and quench their thirst . 
Recently I noticed some fruits from his plate being put outside when questioned he goes " that's for the worms " birds might get bored drinking water n grains ,they might want to eat some worms as well .. So far I ve noticed no worms but yes lot of ants so I had to throw it all away . 
 Growing up , I used to play in my backyards , but don't think I was this creative or asked so many questions or rather did anything . I remember me planting rose plants . Planting seeds and waiting for them to grow . I do remember my obsession with nature was interms of what I get when I do something . But looking at my son not expecting something back from nature but doing something to keep nature happy makes me glad that there must be something I am doing right as a parent !!

We pretend leaves in the backyard to be animals and play pretend games when ever we are bored

Our journey will continue and We will try newer things to attract more birds every day !! 

No comments: