Monday, May 01, 2006

ANTI RESERVATIONS AND WHY ??

The article on reservation brought bac memories of my CET days , since when i became ANTI-Reservations ...I remember the whole scene as if it happened yesterday ..Me an Aspiring Doctor was trying my best , hoping and prayin to the god above to ensure i get a free med seat ....and i cud see the number on the board reduce to literally 0 free seats ...my eyes were moist ..i was controlling my tears which refused to be controlled and i broke down !!..My dad trying to consoile me said " Its okayy ..u can get a paid seat( which costed a BOMB ) " I wiped my tears and said ..No problem ..I shall become an ENGG ..and earn much more than the docs ( that was the only consoling mantra I have even to date ) ..i had juss moved outta the CET center ,I bumped into an old neighbour of mine..who was jumping wit joy as she got a free med seat ...when i enquired what her ranking was ...i was shocked ..felt like pulling her hair ...She was 3000 rank Lower than me and she did ended up getting a free seat ..where as me and the remaining 3000 people were juss crying and feeling helpless that we did not get a free seat ..What the hell Happened to Merit >??? watever happened to all the struggle we did ?? the midnite oil we burnt ..damnn I soo hated her and the GOVT support on the reservations ..I swear it was realllllly ridiculous ..i even remember cursing my dad for not marrying a SC/ST ..DANG !!!!!!!! That was really SICK !!

No comments: